- An eye-catching homepage, that tells the visitor exactly what the website is all about, and is easy to navigate. There’s nothing more frustrating than jumping from page to page looking for information or products, and not finding what you’re looking for.
- The homepage also needs to be uncluttered, not too much information or adverts. If you’ve typed a specific query into Google, you want to be taken to a site that matches the query, not some random
page that might have something to offer but more than likely won’t fulfil your needs.
- Visual content is so important in today’s market: pictures and videos are processed much quicker than the written word and have more impact when combined with stunning and relevant content.
- Concise information is critical to get the message across without waffling or going off the point. In todays fast paced society people want instant results – waiting is so yesterday!
- Websites that are kept updated with new content, images, customer reviews and blog articles are more appealing and are more likely to rank well with Google, getting ranked higher and more likely to be seen by potential customers.
- A well-written description (the bit that appears on your Google listing) is imperative, including a brief description of your business, contact details and a call to action such as “Call now for a quote” or “Visit us at…”.
- Social media is the new black, so links to your well maintained social media pages are essential, as is a link to your website from your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Search Engine Optimisation is the art of putting all these things into practice, whether you are able to do this yourself or employ the services of an SEO specialist. Here at Yorkshire Media we can handle all of your SEO needs, or just a few to help improve your websites visibility in search engines. We also offer photography and videography, to help give your content that WOW factor, as well as copywriting and social media management, allowing you to get on with the serious business of running your company.